Come Work Where Texas Meets the World
Our guests may be here for a conference, dining, special occasion or a place to stay, the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center meets every need with world-class attention to detail.
Steps from UT and the Capitol, the Center offers stylish and comfortable accommodations for business travelers, festival attendees, Austin sightseers and more. You’ll appreciate the convenience — and you’ll love our Texas hospitality.
The Benefits working at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
- Paid Vacation Days
- Annual Merit Increases
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Performance Awards $
- Free Shift Meals
- Paid Daily Breaks
- Lockers & Locker Rooms with Showers
- Uniforms and Free Uniform Care
- Discount Monthly UT Garage Parking
- Discount Membership offerings
- Discount Gift Shop offerings
- Friends & Family Hotel Rooms
- Referral Bonus $
Benefits are available for Full-time and Part-time Associates!
- Group Medical Insurance Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Vision Insurance
- STD & LTD Insurance Disability Insurance
- Accident & Life Insurance 401LK Plan w/ Company Match
- Paid Sick or Personal Days Paid Bereavement Days
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Perform protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors and team members.
- Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire or safety hazards and threat to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of guests, employees, patrons and the property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.Prepare schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system including accurate layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishes, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift.
- Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Administer CPR and First Aid.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Flik from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by management based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Provide accurate information to inquiries for directions and hours of operations.
- Receive, record and secure found property.Research and respond to guests inquiries for lost property.
- Assist guests with door lock and in room safe problems using moderately complex hand held electronic apparatus.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
If you are an enthusiastic person who is passionate about providing great customer service and feel you would make a positive addition to a great team, please submit your resume for consideration.
We are owned by UT Austin and managed by Compass Group North America, a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.