Come Work Where Texas Meets the World
Our guests may be here for a conference, dining, special occasion or a place to stay, the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center meets every need with world-class attention to detail.
Steps from UT and the Capitol, the Center offers stylish and comfortable accommodations for business travelers, festival attendees, Austin sightseers and more. You’ll appreciate the convenience — and you’ll love our Texas hospitality.
The Benefits working at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
- Paid Vacation Days
- Annual Merit Increases
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Performance Awards $
- Free Shift Meals
- Paid Daily Breaks
- Lockers & Locker Rooms with Showers
- Uniforms and Free Uniform Care
- Discount Monthly UT Garage Parking
- Discount Membership offerings
- Discount Gift Shop offerings
- Friends & Family Hotel Rooms
- Referral Bonus $
Benefits are available for Full-time and Part-time Associates!
- Group Medical Insurance Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Vision Insurance
- STD & LTD Insurance Disability Insurance
- Accident & Life Insurance 401LK Plan w/ Company Match
- Paid Sick or Personal Days Paid Bereavement Days
If you are an enthusiastic person who is passionate about providing great customer service and feel you would make a positive addition to a great team, please submit your resume for consideration.
We are owned by UT Austin and managed by Compass Group North America, a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Train, supervise, and work with all culinary team members in order to prepare, cook, and present food, according to hotel standard recipes to exceed FLIK high standards of quality.
- Assigns, in detail, specific duties to all employees under supervision for efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Select, train, and supervise culinary team in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature settings), and rotation of food products is in compliance with HCCPP and State Health Department regulations.
- Enforce cleanliness and safety procedures and regulations throughout the kitchen, including walk-in boxes and reach-in boxes.
- Schedule culinary team members so that proper coverage is maintained, while keeping payroll cost in line.
- Assist Executive Chef in supervision and maintenance of kitchen systems in Chef’s absence (i.e. payroll, labor tracking, food cost tracking, menus, budgets, etc.)
- Mandatory adherence to the Platinum Service process on a daily basis. To include Platinum Service Standards, Great Elements of Customer Service, and the “To BE” Philosophy.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by management based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Reports any equipment repair/maintenance via a work order ticket system.
- Responsible and efficient ordering and requisitioning.
- Promote and maintain professional work environment throughout the kitchen.
- Assist Chef in controlling food, labor, and all other costs.
- Menu Development
- Discipline team members by using the progressive discipline system.
- To plan, coordinate, and execute all activities for all buffet outlets, along with banquets, Care Café, and restaurants.
- Performs other duties as requested (i.e. VIP functions, expediting, staff meetings, etc.)